ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Once more Windows vs. AIX server

2007-08-30 09:58:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Once more Windows vs. AIX server
From: "Strand, Neil B." <NBStrand AT LMUS.LEGGMASON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:56:36 -0400
Paul,
    Once the AIX box is set up correctly, it should require minimal
maintenance.  That said, you may want to include a bi-weekly or monthly
"AIX OS Health check" in your proposal where your AIX expert logs in and
reviews the system for an hour or so.  Ensure that all internal disks
are mirrored and error notifications can be sent to the appropriate
persons to respond to failures.

   I had an AIX TSM server in a classified environment - (difficult to
get to and no external communications).  After it was set up, I visited
it about once a month and rarely had to do any maintenance.

Cheers,
Neil