ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Packaging issues with TDP for Oracle on Linux

2007-08-28 11:28:55
Subject: [ADSM-L] Packaging issues with TDP for Oracle on Linux
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:26:54 -0400
This is mostly aimed at Del, the IBM TDP guru, but all help is
appreciated.

We are having fits trying to install the 5.4 release of the TDP for Oracle
on Linux, due to it coming in a ".bin", Java-based installer rather than a
standard rpm.

The boxes we are trying to install this on do not have Java installed.
Even when we installed Java, we still couldn't get it to run.....it keeps
hanging.

We have had to drop back to the older version of the TDP.

How can we request and/or get a version of the Oracle TDP package (both
x86 and x86_64) in rpm format ?

Or do you have some way we can extract the needed parts from the .bin file
?

Zoltan Forray
Virginia Commonwealth University
Office of Technology Services