ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ANS2050E message

2007-08-27 10:38:16
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ANS2050E message
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 08:33:20 -0600
If PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE is in effect, then TSM should normally handle
regeneration of the passwords. Maybe someone manually reset the password
on the TSM server side?

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 08/27/2007
12:45:48 AM:

> Hi,
>
> I just started at a new company and for the moment they are still
running
> TSM. One of the clients on Windows 2000 Server SP4 (5.3.4.0) did not
backup
> last night; the message I got in the errorlog was '08/27/2007 08:04:53
> ANS2050E TSM needs to prompt for the password but cannot prompt  because
the
> process is running in the background.'.
>
> I checked the dsm.opt and confirmed that the option PASSWORDACCESS
GENERATE