ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Retained backups for scrapped hardware

2007-08-23 11:12:40
Subject: [ADSM-L] Retained backups for scrapped hardware
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 11:10:46 -0400
We are running a TSM 5.3 server. For a variety of technical and
political reasons we are retaining backups from a number of systems
that were shut down and disposed of months or even years ago. I am
trying to figure out how TSM licensing works in this case. My initial
reaction is that we should not need to pay for licenses because the
saved backups are now associated with zero-processor systems. HasIBM made
any official statement on this kind of situation?