ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How does a library choose a drive?

2007-08-22 13:58:21
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How does a library choose a drive?
From: "Mcnutt, Larry E." <larry.mcnutt AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:56:03 -0400
Thanks Kelly, Richard and Andy for the quick responses.  So, as I
understand it in my scenario, it is the AIX host that chooses the drive
that is the "least recently used" one.  At the very beginning, it will
start at the first drive and sequentially go through them all and then
it will begin picking the "least recently used" drive to keep the usage
spread evenly across all the drives.