ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backing up files with ilegal characters

2007-08-17 20:06:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backing up files with ilegal characters
From: Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT SAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 20:04:26 -0400
Hello Michael,

I should add the comment that I do not know the correct answer to this
question.

But given that. If I read the following url correctly The Linux TSM client does
not support unicode at this time. If the filenames are in unicode. If they are
just using chars code over 128 then the doc in the following url lets you know
how to support them.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&q1=tsm+linux+unicode&uid=swg21249081&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&cc=us&lang=en

Somebody with better IBM reading skills may give you a better answer.

I suspect that using A NDMP backup of the netapp should support the Unicode
chars and handle the filenames.

len