ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Question on client side encryption

2007-08-15 23:26:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Question on client side encryption
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 22:24:44 -0500
Hi Bill,

I asked that question a while back to TSM support, and got this in response:

To trace encryption, add to dsm.opt:

tracefile \path\traceit.txt
traceflag encrypt

In the resulting traceit.txt file, the encryption lines are VERY obvious.
I was doing this in an early 5.3 client though, and at that time the trace
would always say DES-56, not AES128.  Dunno if that's fixed yet or not.

Anyway, at least yoy can see SOMETHING is taking place.

Wanda