ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] DB@ and SQL Backups

2007-08-15 11:34:24
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] DB@ and SQL Backups
From: Bob Booth <booth AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 10:32:43 -0500
On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 10:58:25AM -0400, Richard Mochnaczewski wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> Does anyone know if the DB2 API and TDP SQL backups manage their own
> expiration like RMAN does i.e RMAN does not follow the rules of the
> management class it is bound to ?

You manage DB2 backups through the 'db2adutl' command, as well as setting
policies within the DB2 database.  I wrote a perl script that deletes the
old backups and cleans up the archive logs, so it can be run by the TSM
scheduler.

In the newer version, there seems to be a way to manage the archive logs
a bit better, but alas, we will on an older version for a while.

hth,

bob