ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Another Licensing question

2007-08-06 13:13:41
Subject: [ADSM-L] Another Licensing question
From: Daad Ali <daad_l AT YAHOO DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 13:11:57 -0400

  Hello TSMers,

  I need some clarification on the following:

  If I run 2 instances on my TSM server (AIX 5.3 TSM 5.4) and I have 4 CPUs on
that server, will I be charged for 8 CPU licenses.

  I found this note:
  Note:
  You need a separate license for each unique instance of the server in order
to run additional servers.

  on

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v1r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.itsmfdt.doc/anrai5330.htm

  Initially, I was under the impression, that I will only be charged for more
licensing if I create another instance on another LPAR.

  Your input is always appreciated.

  Thanks,
  Daad

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot
with the All-new Yahoo! Mail