ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] VSS Error

2007-08-03 15:58:29
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] VSS Error
From: Larry Peifer <Larry.Peifer AT SCE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 12:56:45 -0700
We had similar errors this week after upgrading our node to the 5.4.4
client from 5.3.3.  I found helpful information at the windows tech
support web site just by doing a search on the error text.  We fixed our
issue by changing the service 'Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider'
from disabled to manual.  That is in addition to already having the
'Volume Shadow Service' service set as manual also.

"LeBlanc, Patricia" <Patricia.Leblanc AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
08/03/2007 11:35 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] VSS Error

 Anyone seen this error?

08/03/2007 10:04:20 ANS5250E An unexpected error was encountered.
   TSM function name : VssRequestor::QueryStatus
   TSM function      : pAsync->QueryStatus() for caller
'CreateSnapshotSet()' returned E_OUTOFMEMORY
   TSM return code   : -1
   TSM file          : vssreq.cpp (8449)

I found it in the archives but with no solution.

Thanks

Client is windows, tsm backup client v5.4.1.