ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TDP for Oracle question.

2007-08-03 14:40:18
Subject: [ADSM-L] TDP for Oracle question.
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 12:38:41 -0600
        I have a question about the TDP for Oracle product.

        Is there a way to have the RMAN command bind the oracle backups
to a specific management class (so it can go to a different
storagepool)? To this point we have a separate domain for the TDP
clients and only have the 1 required default management class that all
clients use.
        We now would like a subset of the TDP clients to go to a
different storagepool for higher availability. At this point I am
thinking I might have to just create another domain with a MC that
points to this other storagepool and then move the TDP client to the new
domain to pick up the new location.
        Yea? Nay? It's Friday, who cares, I'm outa here is X hours? ;-)

Ben