ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Upgrade and Move to new TSM server

2007-07-31 18:42:55
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Upgrade and Move to new TSM server
From: "Schneider, John" <schnjd AT STLO.MERCY DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:18:07 -0500
Looks like a pretty good plan. I have done this several times. Are you
sure that the mksysb from your old machine will port to your new one?
This does not necessarily work between different architecture machines.

Are you planning to do your mksysb on the old server after you shut down
TSM, and then restore it to the other server? That would be a step 0 in
your plan. The mksysb will have to contain up-to-date files from the TSM
server directory (dsmserv.dsk, devconfig, volhist, dsmserv.opt, DR plan
files, etc).  If you a planning to use a mksysb from a few days ago, you
will have to manually port over all those files in the TSM server
directory that have changed.

Before step 3, save the output of 'lsps' to a file, so when you go to do
your importvgs, you have the PVIDs you will need.

Best Regards,

John D. Schneider
Sr. System Administrator - Storage
Sisters of Mercy Health System
3637 South Geyer Road
St. Louis, MO.  63127
Email:  schnjd AT stlo.mercy DOT net
Office: 314-364-3150, Cell:  314-486-2359