ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Newbie question about version numbers and amount of backups

2007-07-30 19:11:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Newbie question about version numbers and amount of backups
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:08:46 -0400
On Jul 30, 2007, at 3:48 PM, miggiddymatt wrote:

Is there any way to just keep different dates of the same file
without me having to go back to my 75 SQL servers and change the
job so that the date is on the end of each filename?

Use the TSM Archive facility.  Its modus operandi is to keep multiple
versions of the same file, so seems a natural for your needs.  A
Description is stored along with the file, and so you can thereafter
select a given version according to a unique Description that you
choose to store with the version, or the default datestamp
Description text.  A pre-chosen retention period governs all archived
files.  See your platform's client manual for particulars.

   Richard Sims    at Boston University
                   http://people.bu.edu/rbs/