ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] renaming filespaces

2007-07-26 20:02:49
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] renaming filespaces
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 14:12:44 -0400
If this was the only share on NAS1, you should just be able to do a
"rename node NAS1 SRV1"
Then change the filespace name.

Alternatively, if you want to get tricky...
Temporarily change the name to SRV1
Export the node including only the m$ filespace
Change the name back to NAS1 for the benefit of the other shares
Import the filespace under the SRV1 name

-Shawn

Internet
brett.whitlock AT COUNTRYFINANCIAL DOT COM

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
07/26/2007 12:51 PM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] renaming filespaces

I have a slightly different situation. I would like to replace a server
without causing a full backup. I want to replace server NAS1 with a new
box named SRV1. We have an (M:) drive on NAS1. We are removing that LUN
and presenting the (M:) drive to SRV1. How do I get TSM filespace
\\NAS1\M$ <file://NAS1/M$>  to \\SRV1\M$ <file://SRV1/M$>  without
causing a full backup?

Thanks,

Brett
This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for the
addressees and is confidential.
If you receive this message in error, please delete it and immediately notify
the sender. Any use not in accord with
its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial, is
prohibited except formal approval.
The internet can not guarantee the integrity of this message.
BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will) not therefore be liable for the
message if modified.
Do not print this message unless it is necessary, consider the environment.
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont etablis a
l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires et sont confidentiels. Si vous
recevez ce
message par erreur, merci de le detruire et d'en avertir immediatement
l'expediteur.
Toute utilisation de ce message non conforme a sa destination, toute diffusion
ou toute publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite, sauf autorisation
expresse.
L'internet ne permettant pas d'assurer l'integrite de ce message, BNP PARIBAS
(et ses filiales) decline(nt) toute responsabilite au titre de ce message, dans
l'hypothese ou il aurait ete modifie.
N'imprimez ce message que si necessaire, pensez a l'environnement.