ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Fw: backups on Linux

2007-07-26 16:23:05
Subject: [ADSM-L] Fw: backups on Linux
From: Avy Wong <AWong AT MOHEGANSUN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 16:13:42 -0400
Thanks ... one of my co-worker pointed out to me that I need to create a
virtual domain for those folder and it works.

Avy Wong
Business Continuity Administrator
Mohegan Sun
1 Mohegan Sun Blvd
Uncasville, CT 06382
ext 28164

----- Forwarded by Avy Wong/MTGA/LNN on 07/26/2007 04:12 PM -----

             Avy Wong/MTGA/LNN

             PM                        ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       backups on Linux

Hello,

      When I do ' df -h' , I see I have / /dev/boot/home. But I do not want
to back these up, rather I want to specify particular backups  /var       /
srv        /etc.
Is there anyway to back these folder up if the partitions did not specify
them? Thanks.

IT01:/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin # df -h
/dev/mapper/system-root
                      6.9G  3.4G  3.3G  51% /
udev                  253M   96K  252M   1% /dev
/dev/sda1              69M   14M   52M  22% /boot
/dev/mapper/system-home
                      2.1G   86M  1.9G   5% /home
IT01:/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin #

I have tried not to mention the domain  in the dsm.sys, which takes the
default (Local -ALL) .  Exclude all and include the ones I want but when I
go and run a backup, it still say incremental back up on /home .. then /dev
........then boot. ?? What is the correct way to do this?

dsm.sys:

SErvername           TSMServer
   nodename             IT01
   COMMMethod           TCPip
   TCPPort              1500
   TCPServeraddress     10.2.1.121
   passwordaccess       generate
   schedlogname         /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmsched.log
   errorlogname         /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmerror.log
   schedlogretention    30
   errorlogretention    30
   schedmode            prompted
   TCPCLIENTPort        1501
   tcpwindowsize        64
   tcpb                 32
   txnbytelimit         25600
   tcpnodelay           yes

Exclude   /............/*
Include   /srv/.../*
Include   /var/.../*
Include   /etc/.../*

Avy Wong
Business Continuity Administrator
Mohegan Sun
1 Mohegan Sun Blvd
Uncasville, CT 06382
ext 28164
The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and
protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or
an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copy of this
in error,
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from
your
computer.