ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ISC

2007-07-26 11:47:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ISC
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 08:16:04 -0700
> If five people are to be setup in ISC, each will need to create their
own server connections.

This raises more questions then. When each person defines these servers
one of the options is to unlock the ADMIN_CENTER administrator to report
server status. Does each person need to check that?

The other question is how do all these "different" connections affect
the database and log usage on each TSM server? Isn't that a concern?

I guess I just don't get it. If I can set permissions to allow different
folks access to the console why shouldn't I be able to log in as
iscadmin and allow those users to "USE" some or ALL of what I have set
up? It just looks to me like there was no thought put into how to make
this useful, it was more of making it different for the sake of change.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator
SAIC M/S-G1b