ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Sharing a 3583 library

2007-07-26 11:33:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Sharing a 3583 library
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 10:13:14 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU
> I have never shared a 3583 library and drives between multiple TSM
servers
> that will act as library managers/owners.  I have only done this with
my
> 3494.
>
> Is there anything special about how I should configure a second TSM
server
> that I want to take control over a 3583 library ?  Is it basically the
> same process where the library is defined with unique category codes
and
> the drives are transfered to the new server and paths are changed to
use
> the library manager server as a client ?
>
> Or can both TSM servers coexist and share the drives between them ?

If you set up a library manager/library client configuration, the
library will never know the difference, since all requests to the
library are sent by the library manager.

There are no category codes for the 358X library family. If you
physically share the library between multiple servers you would have to
dedicate drives to each server. If you do the library manager/library
client setup, you don't have that issue. The library manager decides
which drives are being used and transfers data and metadata to the
library client machine. Just follow the directions in the TSM
Administrator's Guide on how to set it up.

--
Mark Stapleton
Berbee (a CDW company)