ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Rename filespace

2007-07-26 11:13:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Rename filespace
From: "Thorneycroft, Doug" <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 08:07:06 -0700
Thanks Richard,
This is windows, so It might not behave like the rest
of the world.

I'm not sure how it will handle the FSID, Will it retain the
current FSID 4 and use that fsid for the new drive, or will I
wind up with "\\servername\j$ FSID 4" and "\\servername\j$ FSID 9"?

Do I just issue the command
Ren filespace servername {\\servername\e$} {\\servername\j$}

or do I need to specify nametype and newnametype?

I haven't done this since ADSM V2 at that time,
the drive you moved the data to just had to have the same
volume label.