ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Help with script?

2007-07-19 10:24:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Help with script?
From: "Strand, Neil B." <NBStrand AT LMUS.LEGGMASON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:13:55 -0400
Joni,
   Do you have an enterprise scheduler like Control-M or Autosys?  This
tool (or other third party scheduler tools) will allow you to sequence
jobs based on previous jobs or resource (tape drive) utilization.  A
nice feature of a third party tool, is that it simplifies integration
with other batch processing that you may have dependencies on.

  Alternatively, can you specify each filesystem seperately and use the
"wait=yes" parameter?
Backup node NAS1 /vol/vol1 toc=yes wait=yes
Backup node NAS1 /vol/vol2 toc=yes wait=yes
Backup node NAS1 /vol/vol3 toc=yes wait=yes
Backup node NAS1 /vol/vol4 toc=yes wait=yes
Etc. etc.......

Have two scripts running simultaneously backing up different filesystems

Cheers,
Neil Strand
Legg Mason
Storage Engineer (410) 580-7491