ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] SNAPSHOTROOT and client schedules

2007-07-16 02:53:06
Subject: [ADSM-L] SNAPSHOTROOT and client schedules
From: Michael Green <mishagreen AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 09:50:32 +0300
I need to backup Netapp NAS system. It has 15 file systems, all NFS
mounted on a machine with BA client installed.

I want to utilize the -snapshotroot feature of the BA client, in order
to backup a consistent file system that doesn't change as we go.

It is my understanding that I can use something like
dsmc inc /somefs  -snapshotroot=/somefs/.snapshot/nightly.0/
and it will work.

However if I want to automate the backup of these 15 file systems
using server side scheduling. How do I do that?

Should I build 15 different schedules for that particular node, with
each schedule specifying  Incremental action command with different
-snapshotroot= option embedded in every schedule?

Or there is a better way?

Can -snapshotroot= be used with DOMAIN option in dsm.opt?

--
Warm regards,
Michael Green