ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] HSM for Windows

2007-07-13 18:00:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] HSM for Windows
From: "Strand, Neil B." <NBStrand AT LMUS.LEGGMASON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 16:49:19 -0400
   Carefull implementation and coordination with TSM retention policy
changes could overcome this issue.  You could set VDE/VDD to 3 and
REV/ROV to no limit (or some acceptable value) for the stub files.

   If the access time to the files can be minutes or hours, you might be
better served by a database referencing archives.  This could reduce
dependency on OS/filesystem upgrades messing up the HSM and provides a
small level of futureproofing your system.

Cheers,
Neil