ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] netapp backup taking too long

2007-07-09 17:01:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] netapp backup taking too long
From: Matthew Glanville <matthew.glanville AT KODAK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 16:48:46 -0400
Sounds to me like the TSM Client, a Windows 2003 server needs to have more
memory.
Or it's virus scanning the file share as it's backing it up.

Also look into the 'snapshots' that NetApp may be doing on the file
shares.
Are you also backing up them in addition to the current data?

That could easily quadruple the amount of data backed up with TSM of a
NetApp share.

Having TSM only backup the 'nightly.0' 'snapshot' or some such could work
too, I think, for a nice consistant TSM backup of a NetApp

Matt G.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/09/2007
04:14:50 PM: