ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Splitting the TSM Database into three

2007-07-09 16:40:49
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Splitting the TSM Database into three
From: "Haberstroh, Debbie (IT)" <HABERDE AT VOUGHTAIRCRAFT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 15:38:31 -0500
We are in the same state, my db is 180 Gb, 87% utilized.  At a high level, one
of the consultants we talked to suggested loading the database onto 2 different
servers and then deleting different storage pools and nodes from each one,
essentially putting part of the database on each server.  We are at TSM 5.3 so
would be going to the same OS and were going to keep the same TSM version.  One
of the obstacles I have with this method is almost all of my clients belong to
the same copypool so I need to separate them before we can even attempt this.
Once everyone was backing up to their new server, we could export the remaining
nodedata that was backed up since the database backup was done.  Good luck with
your split, I will be interested to  hear what method you use and how it works
for you.