ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backup/Archive our Document Management System

2007-07-03 11:16:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backup/Archive our Document Management System
From: Orville Lantto <orville.lantto AT GLASSHOUSE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 11:15:30 -0400
As you are seeing, dealing with the metadata for so many files takes an
excessive amount of time.  The best solution is to forego TSM (or any other
file level backup product) and use replicating storage, which does block level
backups.  Snapshots on the storage device will allow you to implement retention
policy.

If you must backup the files to TSM, you should check out image backups.

Orville L. Lantto