ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Multiple interface TSM CLIENT

2007-06-27 15:22:14
Subject: [ADSM-L] Multiple interface TSM CLIENT
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 15:20:52 -0400
The previous issue made me think of a tricky one I am having....

TSM Server - one gigabit NIC.
Notes server with 5x100mbit NICs, each with a different IP

Searches on similar issues typically refer to multihomed servers, or
clients with nics on different networks.
These nic's are actually on the same network.  Because of these
distinctions, the TCPCLIENTAddress and TCPSERVERAddress options are
useless to me.

I start 2 concurrent sessions of TDP Domino with "start domdsmc"  (2
separate Notes partitions) using the same TSM Nodename
They both choose the same (default) 100mbit nic to communicate with the
TSM Server on.

I can't seem to come up with a way to put these sessions on different
client NIC cards.  Any ideas?

-Shawn

PS - Just a brainstorm, I don't know if they will let me.... add an
additional IP address to the TSM server NIC and set a custom route on the
client to that IP.  Then make one session use that new IP ?  Think that
would work?