ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TDP Exchange

2007-06-27 06:57:31
Subject: [ADSM-L] TDP Exchange
From: Mark Scott <MScott AT BUNNINGS.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 18:57:00 +0800
Evening

            Currently looking at upgrading one of our TSM servers! There
are even requests to replace it with another vendors software as there
has not been a lot of satisfaction from the current infrastructure.

We are running TSM 5.2 Level 6.0.

We are looking at upgrading the Server to 5.4 and 5.3.4 clients.

The server predominately backs up windows clients and a handful of Linux
and Aix clients.

Data consists of a group drive and a exchange server..

The exchange data is currently dumped into a directory locally on the
exchange server using NT backup, then TSM backs this up. Why it is done
like this I believe dates back to cost restraints.

The biggest issue I am aware of why the admins want to dump the software
is to restore ACL's and individual mail boxes.

So I believe the answer would be TDP for MS Exchange?

Is anyone currently successfully achieving what I am looking at?

Look forward to your responses

Regards Mark

Bunnings Legal Disclaimer:

1)     This email is confidential and may contain legally privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must not
disclose or use the information contained in it.  If you have received
this email in error, please notify us immediately by return email and
delete the document.

2)     All emails sent to and sent from Bunnings Group Limited.
are scanned for content.  Any material deemed to contain inappropriate
subject matter will be reported to the email administrator of all
parties concerned.