ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] example cloptset lists?

2007-06-26 16:06:39
Subject: [ADSM-L] example cloptset lists?
From: Dave Mussulman <mussulma AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 15:04:52 -0500
Hey gurus,

Do you apply server based cloptsets to your clients, based on OS, to
filter files you know are going to be a problem to backup and/or don't
need to be restored?  Can someone share theirs (or point me to an
archive/resource of them?  I looked but didn't see anything.)  I know
it's typical to exclude OS and application cache and temp directories.
I'd like to see some other lists to help me build my own.  It doesn't
look to me like there's a client-side config way to override an exclude
in a server-based cloptset, so I'm interested in seeing what's in a good
base exclude list.

I'm looking for Windows, MacOS, and Linux, but for the sake of
discussion any OS block lists would be interesting.

Thanks,
Dave