ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Lost in TSM licensing

2007-06-25 15:03:19
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Lost in TSM licensing
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:01:31 -0400
We don't currently have any multi-core Intel systems in use (that we are
aware of), and our MS staff is unaware of any good way to find this out
-- but it looks like you can install linux on the box and get the info.
This is from a system that should cut over in a month or so:

Command: less /proc/cpuinfo

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 15
model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6300  @ 1.86GHz
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 1862.050
cache size      : 2048 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 2

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 15
model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6300  @ 1.86GHz
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 1862.050
cache size      : 2048 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 1
cpu cores       : 2

If someone does find a way to query MS-Windows for this information,
we'd like to know as well.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc