ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Somewhat OT: SNMP from a 3584 to EM7

2007-06-22 15:18:42
Subject: [ADSM-L] Somewhat OT: SNMP from a 3584 to EM7
From: Wanda Prather <wanda.prather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 14:17:44 -0500
If anybody has gotten their 3584 (TS3500) library set up to talk to the
EM7 SNMP receiver, I would appreciate some help.

I know to set up a 3584 to talk to NetView, it's just a matter of opening
the 3584 web interface, putting in the community name and the IP address
of the SNMP receiver and sending a test trap.  Cause by default Netview
takes traps from anybody it doesn't actively exclude.

EM7 apparently does not take traps from just anyone, and no one here seems
to know how to enable the EM7 end.

Anybody out there with experience?

Thanks
Wanda