ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Collocation by group

2007-06-22 15:14:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Collocation by group
From: Nick Laflamme <nick.laflamme AT NIST DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 15:13:12 -0400
Richard Mochnaczewski wrote:
Hi *,

I am trying to setup collocation by group ( running TSM 5.3.3.0 on AIX 5.2 ML9 ). I created the
collocation group and added a new node to to it which has been backed up in TSM before but not
using collocation. The first backup as a collocated group menmber was a "Full"
incremental . I checked my collocation disk pool and the data was in there .Then I added another
node to the group which had been backed up to TSM and was collocated by node. I added it to the
group, ran another "full" incremental, checked if the data as in the collocation pool
and then ran a backup stgpool to created my offsite tape. When I check the contents of the tape,
only the first node's data is on it. Did I miss something ? I checked the definition of my
collocgroup and both nodes are present and accounted.

Rich

I'm going through a similar process right now. I think you want a MOVE
NODEDATA command to move the second node's data into the collocated
storage pool.

As it is, when the client runs what you call a "full incremental," the
client sees that most of the data is already on the TSM server -- and it
doesn't care that it's not in the storage pool you want it in. (Why
should a client care about storage pools, right?).

Hope this helps,
Nick