ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] node shows in-progress status

2007-06-21 14:00:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] node shows in-progress status
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 13:59:27 -0400
On Jun 21, 2007, at 11:26 AM, Timothy Hughes wrote:

We have a node that has not completed successfully the last two days
it shows "In Progress". There are no error messages in the
dsmerror.log
and the TSM server log just shows the following.  I have had to
restart
the dsmcad services both times, Any suggestions on why this would
occur suddenly.

Do 'errpt -a | less' on that AIX client to get some perspective on
the demise of the dsmcad process: if a segfault, the client session
may need a Unix Resource Limits (stacksize) boost for it to handle
the Active files inventory that it receives from the server, as a
circumvention for a problem which is reportable, or for which you may
try a client software level boost.  The AIX process accounting
records will also show when the process died, and if any signals
involved.  A look at recent client scheduler logs or server Activity
Log ANE messages will give you a sense of how much it is trying to
deal with in recent backups.  The current scheduler log will give you
a sense of where in a file system it was when it failed, so you can
inspect for volumetric issues.  You can also inspect the TSM client
ManagedServices log (as in /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/
dsmwebcl.log) for its info.  Basically, look around.

    Richard Sims