ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 3592 dual-port drives

2007-06-16 17:39:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 3592 dual-port drives
From: Mark Stapleton <mark.s AT EVOLVINGSOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 16:38:51 -0500
From: Cuc Nguyen [mailto:cucngu AT us.ibm DOT com]
Hi Mark,
A while back, I saw you posted to adsm-L a question regarding 3592 dual-port
drives... I have some questions regarding its use, hope you can help:
1. with dual-port, how does TSM know which path to use? do you have to
configure a path as primary/secondary?
2. assuming each port is connected/zoned for separate SAN fabrics, does that
mean TSM is smart enough to fail over to another port if there any issue
relating to the primary port? assuming there's a way that TSM is aware which
port to use as primary and which as secondary.

I don't normally answer personal questions stemming from adsm-l postings, but
this is asked frequently. Please address such questions directly to the list,
please.

TSM doesn't make those decisions; the OS does. So if your OS supports dual-port
connections, TSM will use whatever port the OS dictates.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.s AT evolvingsol DOT com <mailto:mark.s AT evolvingsol DOT
com> )