ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Adding Archiving to the Mix?

2007-06-13 09:36:34
Subject: [ADSM-L] Adding Archiving to the Mix?
From: Nick Laflamme <nick.laflamme AT NIST DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 09:35:23 -0400
(Apologies if I've asked this before; I can't find any trace of an
answer, let alone that I sent the question, although I've thought of
asking in the past.)

We may have new requirements from a user that are a better match for
TSM's archival functions than its backup functions. Can anyone point me
to Redpieces or talks from conferences that would guide a TSM shop
already fluent in backup (and restoration) operations as we start to
implement archives? I'm piecing together hints and clues from sources
like Richard's ADSM Quickfacts, but if there's a checklist or cookbook,
I'd be happy to stand upon the shoulders of others.

And, if not, well, I guess I have a topic for the next time I get an
urge to speak at a user group.

Thanks,
Nick