ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM ANR1163W question

2007-06-09 16:13:37
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM ANR1163W question
From: "Schneider, John" <schnjd AT STLO.MERCY DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 15:12:38 -0500
Charles,
        You haven't given us enough out of the activity log to spot the
problem.  The unfiltered log will show you which stgpool tapes it was
trying to access during the failure.  Frequently this is caused when a
tape or group of tapes from a primary stgpool gets marked unavailable
even though they are still in the library.  Have you had any library or
tape drive problems that would have caused that?  Do a 'q vol stg=xxxxx
acc=unavail' on each stgpool that should be in the library at all times,
and see if there are any like this.  If so, and if the tape drive
problem has been resolved, you can just 'update vol stg=xxxxx
whereacc=unavail acc=readwrite' to put them right.
        The other cause of this would be if you checked tapes from a
primary stgpool out of the library, and later offsite reclamation needed
them.  The activity log will show you which tapes it needed in this
case, too.  Take a look and let us know what you see.

Best Regards,

John D. Schneider
Sr. System Administrator - Storage
Sisters of Mercy Health System
3637 South Geyer Road
St. Louis, MO.  63127
Email:  schnjd AT stlo.mercy DOT net
Office: 314-364-3150, Cell:  314-486-2359