ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Removing defective tape from library

2007-06-08 13:34:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Removing defective tape from library
From: Kelly Lipp <lipp AT STORSERVER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 11:33:51 -0600
You are correct: damaged tape?  No moving the data.  What you can do is
mark the tape as destroyed (assuming this is a primary pool tape) and do
a restore volume command on it.  If it is a copy pool tape, then delete
the volume by issuing delete volume volser discardd=yes (note: this is a
big hammer).

To restore the volume from copy pool tapes:

Restore vol volser preview=yes

This command will tell you which copy pool tapes you need to restore the
volume.  Find them, check them into the library.

Then

Restore volume volser

Now, all that said, there is no urgency to any of this.  You may well
want to wait until your TSM admin is back and let him/her do the work.

Kelly J. Lipp
VP Manufacturing & CTO
STORServer, Inc.
485-B Elkton Drive