ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to expire tapes

2007-06-07 01:32:35
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to expire tapes
From: Michael Green <mishagreen AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 08:28:01 +0300
Norita,

You don't expire tapes. You expire data that is on the tapes.
It is entirely possible that no tape will ever be emptied by the
expiration process.
The way to  make empty tapes is to perform reclamation of your storage
pools, that typically consolidates data from several half-empty tapes
to one or more empty tapes.

1/2 tape + 1/2 tape + 1 empty = 1 empty + 1 empty + 1 full.

Please refer to the relevant topics in  the  Admin guide regarding
expiration and reclamation processes.