ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ext2 extended file attributes?

2007-05-29 15:52:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ext2 extended file attributes?
From: "Mueller, Ken" <KMueller AT MCARTA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 15:51:49 -0400
I ran into a similar situation where the TSM client (v5.2.3 at the time)
wouldn't backup/restore the ext3 extended acls on RHEL3.  The problem
turned out to be that the TSM client is looking for libacl.so but
couldn't find it.  It was available as libacl.so.1 (which symlinked to
libacl.so.1.1.0).  By adding a symlink for /lib/libacl.so pointing to
libacl.so.1 I was able to backup and restore files w/extended acls.

-Ken Mueller