ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Reclamation Preemption

2007-05-24 14:18:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Reclamation Preemption
From: Bill Carlson <bill-carlson AT UIOWA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 13:17:39 -0500
On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 11:34:28AM -0400, Richard Sims wrote:
> On May 24, 2007, at 11:16 AM, Bill Carlson wrote:
>
> >Client starts a restore and waits...waits...waits...
>
> Bill -
>
> Pursue the analysis, starting with Query SEssion Format=Detailed
> to see exactly what it's queued on.
>
> It's also important to get details on what the restore consists
> of... Some of them can be major trawls through the TSM database,
> as first phase.

The session was stuck in MediaW for a long time. The activity log shows:

05/24/07   08:37:12      ANR1183I Initial determination of removable volumes
                          required for a restore request from session 88887
is
                          complete. Additional volumes may still be required.

This is a fairly small TSM install on mid-sized hardware.

--
Bill Carlson