ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] FW: [ADSM-L] Exchange Cluster Setup

2007-05-21 16:51:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] FW: [ADSM-L] Exchange Cluster Setup
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 16:50:19 -0400
I see some incorrect statements below.

You will need a different DSM.OPT file for each of your
Exchange virtual servers. You do not put all
six NODENAMEs in a single DSM.OPT file.
The INCLUDEs for each server will be in the
DSM.OPT file set up for that specific virtual server.

You would then launch a DP/Exchange command, using the
    /TSMOPTFile=dsmoptfilename    and     /EXCSERVER=virt-server-name
command-line options.

So.. in your example, you could launch the
DP/Exchange GUIs like this:
   TDPEXC /TSMOPTFILE=EXCHVS01.OPT /EXCSERVER=MHSEXCHVS01
   TDPEXC /TSMOPTFILE=EXCHVS02.OPT /EXCSERVER=MHSEXCHVS02
   TDPEXC /TSMOPTFILE=EXCHVS03.OPT /EXCSERVER=MHSEXCHVS03
   TDPEXC /TSMOPTFILE=EXCHVS04.OPT /EXCSERVER=MHSEXCHVS04
   TDPEXC /TSMOPTFILE=EXCHVS05.OPT /EXCSERVER=MHSEXCHVS05
   TDPEXC /TSMOPTFILE=EXCHVS06.OPT /EXCSERVER=MHSEXCHVS06

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 05/21/2007
04:15:18 PM:

> Can someone answer his question about the INCLUDES section of the
dsn.opt?

> Thanks,
> Bruce Kamp
> Senior Server Analyst