ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP Exchange

2007-05-21 07:52:20
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP Exchange
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 07:51:35 -0400
Hi Pierre,

Sorry I was not very clear the first time.
Since many people are familiar with the TSM Backup/Archive client,
I was trying to relate the policy management of an Exchange backup
with how the TSM Backup/Archive client handles "file-level"
policy management. With the TSM Backup/Archive, if you back up a file
with one management class, and then back it up again tomorrow with a
different management class, the TSM Server will "rebind" yesterday's
backup to the new management class. The same is true for Data Protection
for Exchange FULL type backups.
I hope this helps explain what I was was trying to say.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 05/19/2007
08:40:25 AM: