ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Cannot delete DBS volume from volhistory

2007-05-20 07:30:21
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Cannot delete DBS volume from volhistory
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 07:29:36 -0400
On May 20, 2007, at 3:01 AM, Michael Green wrote:

For some reason that is beyond my understanding I cannot delete a db
backup volume of type DBS from the volume history:

Ostensibly because it is the sole and last DBSnapshot.  See IBM
Technote 1083952.  It would be nice if the manuals advised that
proceeding with such an operation entails this kind of commitment,
and if the ANR2467I message explained why it would not perform the
requested deletion.

See entry "DBSnapshot, delete" in http://people.bu.edu/rbs/
ADSM.QuickFacts for approaches to handling this.

   Richard Sims