ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Linux RHELV5

2007-05-18 20:31:39
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Linux RHELV5
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 20:31:05 -0400
On May 18, 2007, at 4:56 PM, Andy Huebner wrote:

I installed TSM Agent 5.4.0.0 on RHELV5.  The command line works fine
and the CAD is working, but when the GUI is started I get a "main
thread, fatal error, signal 11" error in the dsmerror.log.  Has anyone
seen this before?  The only thing I found on the web was something
fixed
in 5.3.3.0.

Andy -

This is a programming error.  (I know well, from "learned
experience".)  This one may be too new for there to be formal
maintenance to fix it, so you will likely have to contact TSM
Support.  See "Segmentation violation" in http://people.bu.edu/rbs/
ADSM.QuickFacts for basic info.  Boosting your Unix Resource Limit
stack size may allow you to temporarily circumvent the problem.

  Richard Sims