ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 'Q LIC' showing TSM Extended Edition not in use?

2007-05-17 12:41:12
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 'Q LIC' showing TSM Extended Edition not in use?
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 12:38:40 -0400

>>why am I seeing the output below, though I am using DRM?

There is no longer a separate license for DRM.  (WHY it displays the way it
does, who knows - the marketing changes for TSM licensing have galloped far
ahead of the server code.)  If you enter HELP REGISTER LICENSE, you'll see
there are only 2 licenses to register for TSM 5.3.

>>Will this affect a DRM test in August,

NO.

tsm: TSM>q lic

Last License Audit: 05/16/07   00:01:07

Is Tivoli Storage Manager for Data Retention in use ?: No

Is Tivoli Storage Manager for Data Retention licensed ?: No

Is Tivoli Storage Manager Basic Edition in use: Yes

Is Tivoli Storage Manager Basic Edition licensed: Yes

Is Tivoli Storage Manager Extended Edition in use: No

Is Tivoli Storage Manager Extended Edition licensed: Yes

Server License Compliance: Valid

God bless you!!!

Chip Bell
Network Engineer I
IBM Tivoli Certified Deployment Professional (ITSM 5.2)
Baptist Health System
Birmingham, AL
Office (205) 715-5106
Pager (205) 817-0357
Home (256) 739-0947
Cell (256) 347-7294

Confidentiality Notice:
confidential information and intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named in the address. If you are not the
distribution, or copying of this information is strictly
prohibited. If you received this information in error, please
notify the sender and delete this information from your computer
and retain no copies of any of this information.