ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Encryption via TDP for Oracle

2007-05-11 05:54:50
Subject: [ADSM-L] Encryption via TDP for Oracle
From: Oscar Kolsteren <Oscar.Kolsteren AT INGDIRECT.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 10:53:39 +0100
Hi all,

Current environment:

TSM Server              = V5.4.0.2
TSM Client              = V5.4.0.0
TSM TDPO                = V5.4.1.0

I want to setup encryption for TDP for Oracle and put the following line
in the dsm.sys (/usr/Tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64/dsm.sys) file:

enableclientencryptkey on
include.encrypt /u01/oradata/<db_name>/*

How can I make sure that everything is backupped encrypted? I know the
key is saved on the TSM server, so I can't test it like a normal backup
and remove the TSM.PWD file.

Is there a way to test this as I can't find a message anywhere in the
loggings that the data is encrypted!

Thanks,
Oscar Kolsteren
ING Direct UK
ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and confidential,
and only intended for the addressee. Should you receive this message by
mistake, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction,
distribution or use of this message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the
sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known. If this message
contains password-protected or encrypted attachments, the files have NOT been
scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain. Always scan attachments before
opening them.

ING Direct NV is limited liability company incorporated in The Netherlands.
Registered in England & Wales, Branch Ref BR7357, 410 Thames Valley Park Drive,
Reading, Berkshire, RG6 1RH.