ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Linux server and RAW volumes

2007-05-10 16:28:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Linux server and RAW volumes
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 16:27:38 -0400
Thanks. I saw that document.  I am installed 5.4.  Was hoping that it
would handle it.

Oh well.......so much for that idea.   Will just stick to RAID-1 for the
DB and RAID-5 for the LZ.

Zoltan Forray
Virginia Commonwealth University
Office of Technology Services
University Computing Center
e-mail: zforray AT vcu DOT edu
voice: 804-828-4807

Harry Redl <harry_redl AT YAHOO DOT COM>
05/10/2007 04:24 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Linux server and RAW volumes

Hi,

this is from 5.3.2 Readme

See the following sections for information on installing Tivoli Storage
Manager in a Linux environment. The following features are not
supported:
*  Generic tape
*  Raw logical volumes

IMHO nothing new in 5.4.x

Harry

Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM> wrote: I was just talking to one of my
colleagues yesterday who seems to have
lots of experience on RHEL and TSM and he indicated that you can't use
raw devices on RHEL for TSM devices, they have to be filesystems.

Can anyone either confirm or deny that?

Thanks,
Ben