ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] About the summary table...

2007-05-07 07:18:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] About the summary table...
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 07:16:57 -0400
On May 7, 2007, at 5:55 AM, Ibán Bernaldo de Quirós Márquez wrote:

Hi World,

Could someone explain me the following columns of the summary table... as far as I understood, the 'examined' column must show the number of objects processed by the session, and the 'affected' column the number of objects that have changed since last backup processed by this session. Am I wrong ¿?

EXAMINED: 1252300
AFFECTED: 1252300

If I am not wrong why could I have the number of examined object to 0 and the number of affected object equal to 60 ¿?

Hi, Iban -

Whereas the Summary table covers many events, the column names are generic. In the case of Backup, the EXAMINED number correlates to "Total number of objects inspected", and AFFECTED to "Total number of objects backed up".

Observe the ACTIVITY column content, which tells you what the operation was. The number of objects examined will be 0 and number affected >0 for a simple Restore operation.

   Richard Sims