ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Improvement and cahges for TSM Server 5.4.X

2007-05-01 19:36:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Improvement and cahges for TSM Server 5.4.X
From: Curtis Preston <cpreston AT GLASSHOUSE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 19:35:59 -0400
Skimpy?  Really?  I think that the ability to collocate active data is
the coolest new feature I've seen since collocation.  A user who can buy
enough SATA disk to hold all their active files should get a HUGE
benefit from this feature.  Don't you think so?

(This is why it's funny that someone on this list a while ago accused me
of being the anonymous source that referred to that feature as "lipstick
on a pig.")

---
W. Curtis Preston
Author of O'Reilly's Backup & Recovery and Using SANs and NAS
VP Data Protection
GlassHouse Technologies