ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Orphaned filespaces

2007-04-05 11:07:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Orphaned filespaces
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 11:07:12 -0400
On Apr 5, 2007, at 10:21 AM, Bill Kelly wrote:

Ahh...I hadn't thought of using the backup_date column from the
backups
table.  I'll have to see if I can get away with running a query like
this; if so, it'd make my 'cleanup old filespace' processing more
thorough.

And then there's ARCHIVE_DATE from the ARCHIVES table; and
INSERT_DATE for the SPACEMGFILES table (Unix HSM), if that HSM
instance had not done backups.  This assures not missing any filespaces.

("File Spaces, abandoned" in ADSM QuickFacts addresses some approaches.)

   Richard Sims