ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Backup - Volume Shadow Copy Failed

2007-03-29 23:16:57
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Backup - Volume Shadow Copy Failed
From: Suad Musovich <musovich AT NZ1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 15:16:29 +1200
Upgrade your client ..there are know VSS bugs (I think anything above
5.3.3)

There has been a few discussion threads, in this list, on Shadow Copy
problems. There are other things to check beyond this.

Go on the mailing list archive and search on the below error ...
http://www.mail-archive.com/adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu/

Cheers, Suad
--

"Pahari, Dinesh P" <dinesh.pahari AT EDS DOT COM>
30/03/2007 01:48 PM

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
TSM Backup - Volume Shadow Copy Failed

Hi All,

Please review the error reported below on the dsmerror.log files. I have
lots of these error lately on Windows machines that are running Windows
XP with no service pack.

 "ANS1950E Backup using Microsoft volume shadow copy failed."

Both client and server running TSM version 5.3.0.

Appreciate your feedbacks on above issue.

Regards,
Dinesh Pahari