ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Moved files and expiration

2007-03-29 17:11:11
Subject: [ADSM-L] Moved files and expiration
From: "Haberstroh, Debbie (IT)" <HABERDE AT VOUGHTAIRCRAFT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:54:55 -0500
Hi all.

I have only been doing TSM for a short time and most of my training has been
OJT.  I have a question about expiration.  We have added disk space to our
2nd netapp and are moving data from the first netapp to the second because
the first one is full.  If I understand correctly, everything will back up
again on the new netapp and everything on the first netapp will become
inactive and expire according to the management class.  Basically, over
time, we will lose all of the old versions except the last one since we have
"retain only" set to "no limit".  Thanks.

Debbie Haberstroh
Server Administration
Northrop Grumman Information Technology
Commercial, State & Local (CSL)